Genealogy of the UK


   Genealogy of the UK > Wales > Carmarthenshire
 

Carmarthenshire Genealogy

 
Description

"Carmarthenshire, a maritime co. of S. Wales, and the largest of all the Welsh counties; greatest length, NE. and SW., 50 miles; greatest breadth, E. and W., 42 miles; the coast, which is marshy, measures about 35 miles; area, 594,405 ac.; pop. 124,864."
from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles 1887

Genuki - Carmarthenshire
Genuki is the largest collection of research information
on the net for UK
Neighbouring Counties
 
Cardiganshire, Brecknockshire, Glamorgan, Pembrokeshire
Carmarthenshire GenWeb
maintained by volunteers in an effort to help researchers
find local resources and reference information
Archives and Libraries
 
Archives Network Wales The National Library of Wales
Carmarthenshire Lookup Exchange
request free lookups of censuses, parish registers
held by individual volunteers
Local Genealogy Societies & Groups
Cyndi's List - Carmarthenshire
largest private collection
of genealogy links on the web




Carmarthenshire Genealogy Record Sources

many of these sites can provide source records of ancestors:
 
Directories
huge resource by University of Leicester; of local and trade directories from 1750 to 1919
800 Million Name UK Database
search 800 million UK (including Wales) records in over 60 individual databases
England & Wales BMDs
search over 40 million England & Wales B,M&Ds
Births, Deaths, Marriages
search over 100 million UK births, deaths and marriages
Message Boards
post and read about Carmarthenshire genealogy with other researchers
Cemeteries

Parish Registers

free internet searches of baptism, marriage, and burial records,
which have been transcribed from parish and non-conformist church registers
War Memorials
Roll-of-Honour - Carmarthenshire
Carmarthenshire war memorials and rolls of honour
 
England & Wales Free BMD Marrriage Index 1837-1915
free access to the Civil Registration index
of Marriages for England and Wales
Censuses
1841-1891 Census transcriptions by volunteers